During the next 100 days, we’re challenging our community to put their HOPE into action. That includes you.
Introducing the #HOPEinActionChallenge. How will you make a difference?
Any of our HOPE Atlanta staff members could tell you stories about incredible acts of kindness they’ve seen on the job.
Just days ago, while our Community Engagement Partner, Kara, was buying groceries for the Women’s Community Kitchen, a kind gentleman at the store unexpectedly covered the bill. Hundreds of individuals and corporations spend their lunch breaks or Saturdays volunteering with us to provide meals for women and children facing homelessness, or pack meals for our hungry neighbors. Last year, an anonymous donor made an extraordinary and unexpected gift that helped countless individuals across Georgia as we worked to combat homelessness and hunger amid COVID-19. And the list goes on.
The truth is, most people want to help their neighbors and will step up when given the opportunity. After all, HOPE isn’t just an emotion. It’s an action! We started wondering: if we challenged our entire community to get involved in the cause to end hunger and homelessness, how many lives could we impact in 100 days?
We’re calling this the #HOPEinActionChallenge, and it starts now. Will you join us in putting your HOPE into action? It’s as easy as 1–2–3:
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook. We will be sharing dozens of new ways for you to put HOPE into action over the next 100 days!
- Complete any of the 100 Days challenges listed below and on our social accounts. Remember to use #HOPEinActionChallenge and tag @HOPEAtlanta.
- With each submission, you’ll collect points while you show how you put your HOPE into action. Not only will you make a difference and inspire others, but earning points will give you a chance to win special prizes!
Looking to take on the #HOPEinActionChallenge? Here are a few ways to get started today.
Educate: Learn more about how homelessness and hunger affect our neighbors and share the knowledge with your friends and family.
- Follow our Medium blog by hitting the “Follow” button at the top of this page (+1)
- Click the “share” icon at the bottom of this blog post to share on your Facebook or Instagram account using #HOPEinActionChallenge and @HOPEAtlanta (+1)
- Re-share our Facebook or Instagram posts using #HOPEinActionChallenge and @HOPEAtlanta (+1)
Volunteer: Give your time to help ensure children don’t go without this summer.
Volunteer to pack lunches or help deliver meals for food-insecure kids this summer through our Smart Lunch Smart Kid program! (+5)
Use your lunch hour for good! We need local volunteers to distribute meals during the week in each of these counties:
Click here to view current opportunities, sign-up links, and contact information. Remember to post a photo or video of your experience using #HOPEinActionChallenge and @HOPEAtlanta to earn points!
Donate: Support our programs that help Georgians in need all year long. Sign up to be a monthly HOPE365 supporter (+10) or make a one-time gift (+5) and join our community of advocates making a difference.
Be sure you’re following along on Facebook, Instagram, and our email list. We’ll be posting new challenges and updates regularly throughout the next 100 days. We can’t wait to see how many of you step up to the challenge and put your HOPE into action.
Do you accept the challenge?